Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Craft Shows

Well I know it has been awhile since I posted. Life has been very busy the last few months. I got a new job, yay!!! I am now teaching a private kindergarten class. I love my class. It is every teacher's dream job. I have five students in my class. I am looking so forward to what all I can do with a class of five. So, I have been spending a lot of time looking up ideas and learning about common core standards.

The other thing I have been busy with has been craft shows. Since the end of September I have participated in three. I have had so much fun. I have a friend that I did craft shows with years ago when our children were toddlers and young elementary age. As our children got older, it was hard keeping up with life and crafts. I still enjoyed making things for gifts, but just didn't have the time to put into shows. Wee this year, we hopped back into the show scene, and it was so much fun. Of course, getting a job right in the middle slowed down my craft making. However, I had fun with what I did do and just spending time again with Judy. Judy created some beautiful items that you will probably be able to see in some of my photos. I made my paper bead jewelry, frames, and some stocking stuffers. I have definitely been bitten by the craft bug and can't wait to do even more shows next year.

This is our booth from a show that we did at the beginning of November. We went for a vintage look.

Here is the booth from another view.

These are my frames that I made. They are so much fun to make. I love deciding how to decorate each one.

Most of the items in this picture belong to Judy. However, I did make the Nativity ornaments on the chalkboard tray.

These are the stocking stuffers that I made. They were little pouches with hot chocolate, tea bags, and candy. They were another item that was a lot of fun to make.

Here is my paper bead jewelry.


No comments:

Post a Comment