Thursday, September 27, 2012

Headbands


This week, I tried a new craft. During last year's Christmas holidays, my daughter and I got into making flowers. We used old t shirts and ribbon. My daughter actually made a few headbands to give as gifts. This past week I made a few headbands. I think I am going to post them onto Etsy, but I need to get better pictures first. So my blog will be the first place that I post the pictures. When I put them on Etsy, I will put the link on here.


The headband above is a felt purple rose. I made the base of the rose similar to the way that the t=shirt flower below was made. Then I made the bud by rolling a felt spiral and using fabric glue to glue the pieces together. I think this is my favorite of the three headbands I made. It was so much fun to make, and I can't wait to see somebody wearing it.

This headband is made with a yellow t-shirt. It has been fun getting on Pinterest and seeing all the different ways to repurpose old t-shirts. My daughter and I learned how to make these t-shirt flowers over our Christmas vacation last year. I made a blue chain crochet flower for the base.
This is the third headband I made. This headband is a felt flower I made with a button center. All of the headbands were fun and I am excited about the way they turned out.
Here are all three of my headbands. I am excited about them. I made a shamrock hair clip for my daughter to wear to work tonight for St. Patrick's Day. I haven't taken a picture of it yet. I will get my daughter to model it for me and post a picture later. I look forward to making more of these, and am excited about my first Etsy adventure. Hopefully more will get made this week. I will post pictures if they do. Have a great week and share what you make. I would love to see pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment