Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Alyssa



It was my niece's birthday this past weekend. I had so much fun making her gifts. A friend of mine has recently introduced me to making paper beads out of recycled paper. I made Alyssa a pair of comic strip earrings using a newspaper comic strip. I then made her a bracelet using the comics out of a newspaper. The bracelet did not turn out as colorful as I would like, but I am learning as I go. I also made her a letter with her name and decorated it. My husband actually cut the letter out of wood for me. I got the idea for the letter off of Pinterest. So overall it was a very productive weekend. However, my living room is a mess. I have also been making lots of paper beads while watching the Olympics. So maybe lots of bracelets, earrings, and necklaces coming up.


This is the bracelet with the comic strip beads. The beads did not turn out as colorful as I wanted, but I am still pleased with it.
The letter that my husband cut out for me. He builds furniture, so lots of scrap wood around. I modge podged scrapbook paper on it and just printed the letters off of my computer. After I had everything glued on it, I put three coats of modge podge on it.

These are the earrings that I made out of pictures cut out of the comic section. So much better than just throwing it away and taking up landfill space.







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoyed looking at your items too. I have just recently started making paper items out of recycled materials. I made my first tree today out of a magazine. I will post pictures after I adorn it. Thank you for stopping by my page. Have a great day!

      Delete